Do you have a damaged tooth due to too much soda? Do you need to cover an implant? Do you need to strengthen a damaged tooth? Or Do you need to change the appearance, alignment or the shape of your teeth? Did you already get your teeth whitened in Encino, CA and are wondering if it’s safe to now get a CEREC crown? If yes is the answer to all your questions, then a Crown is a solution you have been looking for. You are probably asking yourself what crowns are?
You need to win back your natural smile. Dental crowns are the solution for damaged teeth. It is very useful to cap or entirely cover your damaged tooth. Apart from strengthening your damaged tooth, crowns are also used to align, shape and improve the appearance of your teeth. With that said, crowns can also be placed on top of an implant so as to provide a tooth-like structure or shape. Ceramic or porcelain crowns can be designed to match the color of your precious teeth. Some of the materials used to design crowns include; metal alloys, gold, and ceramic. Here is a closer look at a CEREC crown.
A little knowledge on why this dentist may recommend a crown will go a long way in helping you understand the difference between CEREC crowns vs. Lab Made Crowns.
Why your dentist may recommend a crown:
Allow me to elucidate!!
- So as to cover a tooth which just had a root canal
- So as to cover your poorly shaped or discolored teeth
- So as to cover a dental implant
- To be able to attach a bridge
- To restore your fractured tooth
- To protect one of your weak teeth from fracturing
- When you don’t have enough teeth remaining, it can be used to replace a large filling.
If you are experiencing one or many of the above dental challenges, then your CEREC provider might recommend Lab Made Crowns or CEREC crowns. But you are probably wondering, what is the difference between CEREC crowns vs. Lab Made Crowns?
Difference between CEREC crowns vs. Lab Made Crowns
You are probably wondering what the best option between the two is. Let us quickly dive in!!
- CEREC also known as SAME DAY porcelain crowns are easily produced digitally with Cone Beam technology and fitted in one visit to your dentist. They are designed without any metal and are meant to provide an appealing, durable and aesthetic dental look.
- According to Dr. Linda Maktua, a holistic dentist in Los Angeles, Lab Made Crowns, require a lot more time as compared to CEREC crowns. With Lab Made Crowns, you will be required to visit and follow up your dentists since they require time. It is important to note that Lab Made Crowns despite the time it takes to design them, they achieve more natural results.
According to the California CEREC expert, Dr. Linda Makuta, Lab Made Crowns are preferred for front teeth as they are just plainand CEREC crowns are ideal for inside teeth. From the amazing facts above, it is true that you now know the difference between CEREC crowns and Lab Made Crowns.